Monday 31 December 2018

2018 Annual Report - Continued

2. What didn't go well this year?

Well, it is hard to pinpoint as I am generally not a negative person, yes there will be disappointments, however I do not dwell on them or take it so seriously that it affects my life. I'll try to squeeze out something over here. 

Investing. This was my first full year as a real investor, and needless to say, it did not go as I hoped. Portfolio is negative due to the recent market dips. Something for me to work on, and I am focusing on being more disciplined in looking at financial metrics, though I am also highly convinced by Nassim Taleb's idea that there are so many randomness in life. This applies to stocks too. So likely, I will just stick to ETF investing and will look to pump more capital in as the index drops further (with fingers crossed!)

I guess there is really nothing much here as I am happy with things at the moment, probably the getting a higher pay, which everyone wants. This is something I will work towards to.

3. What am I working towards to?

Work experience. I will seek out another opportunity for a posting overseas again for a project, as I have made it a mini aim of mine to experience another culture. It could be a trip back to China, which I do not mind at all. Of course, with this, I am also hoping for a pay raise, which if I am not satisfied with what the company has to offer, I will start hunting for the next jo b.

VBA/Excel. I am considered slow on this aspect, but lately I have been fascinated by the automation of things, especially through Excel, which is such an underrated software in my experience as I still see people pretty much do the same few things all over again. I've started subscribing to a channel on Youtube, Learn Spreadsheets. I have benefited alot and new ideas keep flowing in on how I can improve my existing spreadsheet after learning about the features which I was not aware of. Productivity increase, and I do hope this little investment will prove to be worthwhile in my career. Came across this VBA Tutorials, which I love so far, as the author takes you step by step to learn more and at the same time, have tutorials for you to try. VBA semi-professional by the end of the year!

Learn, Learn, Learn. Learn batch files script, learn a new course on Edx, specifically the one recommended by Four Pillar Freedom. 

Investing. Deploy more capital into the markets as it continues to drop?

Ok nothing else more.

Happy New Year to Everyone out there!


No comments:

Post a Comment