Saturday 19 March 2022

Tempting

Private or HDB?

Recently the idea of purchasing a private property came across my mind. Took the chance to read up and understand the various considerations and websites available to view house prices. 

It is really tempting to pay for the down payment and begin to think I could enjoy the facilities (pool, gym, balcony). Over time, I weighed the pros and cons of the decision and it is slightly tilted to the side of going for a HDB with the aim of keeping costs and loan premiums low. 

It is daunting (at least to me) to have to take up a loan and be stuck with it for the next 20-30 years, with so much uncertainty on what lies ahead even in 3-5 years time. I guess the mind has not been conditioned to think of accepting debt as I have been building up a sizable saving (not alot, but important thing is I am making progress to build a safety buffer for any mishaps).

Therefore, a HDB is less risky and in terms of valuation, it is way more attractive per square feet. 

Will there be a regret as I continue to wait until the right age to finally purchase the home at a more expensive price in the future?

On Finances Goal by end of 2022
I have been tracking and setting up a goal offline on the total net worth (cash + investment portfolio). There is a high chance of hitting the 300K mark and I have set it as a goal.

It is another milestone and something I could not even fathom since the beginnings this journey of personal finance and reading up all the finance blogs with bloggers having 6-7 figure portfolios. 

Fingers crossed on being able to increase the take home pay as my experience grows to build a bigger retirement nest egg :)

Hope everyone out there will have a smooth journey in the remaining months as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment