Monday 15 July 2024

Mid 2024 Update


Note taking productivity

Used to have Evernote (and I really loved the platform and features it provided for free, until the changes in policy for non-paid users). Being a self-proclaimed minimalist, I avoid subscriptions as much as possible. With that, I tried other options (Notion, Dropbox Paper, WPS document) but it was short lived.

Recently, I found another one called Obsidian. It is FREE, albeit having to store the notes on the local machine instead of on a cloud. But the cool thing is since the written notes are stored in Markdown format, it has 3 advantages. Firstly, helps me to train in using it. Secondly, it can be ported onto an online repository/folder and we are still able to launch the vault to read from those platform. Thirdly, there are many helpful plugins to elevate the experience for something that is free to make it feel premium.


Book reading

I have been very ill disciplined in reading books. But one recently stood out. Sooley, by John Grisham. It's a story about a South Sudan boy's journey into America with dreams to play in the NBA. I have always been amazed by how the author uses simple words and still captivates the reader. It brought back memories when I read A Painted House (another excellent book) as well.


Trading

Brokerage cost optimization. Use,

Vickers 

  • For long term stock purchase to be stored in CDP. Approximately $14

FSMOne 

  • For selling from CDP (hardly use it). Approximately $13

Moomoo

  • For short term trading. Approximately $5-8 in total
IBKR
  • For US market
With Moomoo, I have recently done a short trade and happy with the profit (with minimal effort) and am looking to utilize this method to earn some kopi money.


No comments:

Post a Comment